We are a scientific community that studies the Earth and its neighbours in space. We aim to provide a diverse, inclusive environment which fosters open-minded critical thinking and debate, and we are committed to creating a scientifically literate and informed society. We welcome everyone who shares these aspirations. More about SEES >>
Specific current vacancies are listed below. For general information on opportunities and studentships in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences see our opportunities page.
- Please click on the link below to see a full list of scheduled seminars; SEES Seminar Series 2017
- The event is for applicants with offers for the BSc Geology and Environmental Earth science degrees and the MGEOL integrated masters. It allows the opportunity for offer holders to experience what it’s like to be a student at St Andrews and meet with the staff and undergraduate students The day will start at 9:00 with […]
- Speaker: Richard Boyle (University of St Andrews) Date: Wednesday 29th March 2017, 1-2pm Location: Seminar Room (310), Irvine Building Title: Simple models of connections between evolutionary novelty and the earth system
- Speaker: Frances Cooper (University of Bristol) Date: Wednesday 12th April 2017, 1-2pm Location: Seminar Room (310), Irvine Building Title: Aridity-induced Miocene canyon incision in the Central Andes
- Speaker: David Ferreira (University of Reading) Date: Wednesday 19th April 2017, 1-2pm Location: Seminar Room (310), Irvine Building Title: Linking Glacial-Interglacial cycles to multiple equilibria of climate