The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences is very excited to announce the launch of our new MSc in Mineral Resources. The degree has been designed in close collaboration with professionals from the minerals industry and provides first-hand experience using cutting-edge methodologies and technologies at the forefront of mineral exploration.
The MSc in Mineral Resources aims to prepare students for a career in the mineral industry or to pursue PhD research in mineral exploration or mining geology.
- Delivers a wide range of experience in the field of mineral resources based on the “mineral system” approach.
- Focuses on current genetic models of ore deposits, applied field training, 3D geological modelling and mineral exploration.
- Provides key industry skills, such as sub-surface mapping, core logging, integration of multiple spatial data sets and 3D modelling.
- Dynamic working atmosphere supported by collegial community of staff and students.
- Delivers a practical industry ready skill set designed in collaboration with professional exploration geologists.
More details about the MSc in Mineral Resources can be found at:
If you have specific questions about the degree course, please contact the Programme Coordinator, Dr Jonathan Cloutier, Jonathan.Cloutier@st-andrews.ac.uk