Mineral resources are a part of almost everything surrounding our everyday life. Finding those resources is the job of economic geologists, multidisciplinary scientists who use geochemistry, mineralogy, geophysics, petrology and structural geology to understand, describe, and explore for mineral resources.
The MSc in Mineral Resources will prepare you to enter a career in the mineral industry or to pursue PhD research. The degree has been designed by recommendations from industry, and provides practical training involving methodologies and technologies at the forefront of mineral exploration.
Key experiences include field excursions to a world-class ore deposit in the UK and the Rio Tinto mine in southern Spain to study the genesis of volcanic massive sulphide deposits and innovative acid mine drainage remediation methods.
- Delivers a wide range of experience in the field of mineral resources based on the “mineral system” approach.
- Focuses on current genetic models of ore deposits, applied field training, 3D geological modelling and mineral exploration.
- Provides key industry skills, such as sub-surface mapping, core logging, integration of multiple spatial data sets and 3D modelling.
- Dynamic working atmosphere supported by collegial community of staff and students.
- Delivers a practical industry ready skill set designed in collaboration with professional exploration geologists.
You can also contact the School to book a visit (email@example.com)